Thursday, August 14, 2008

Boo!

"When hinges creak, in doorless chambers. And strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls. Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present. Practicing their terror, with ghoulish delight!" - Ghost Host

Welcome to The Haunted Mansion! The premisce of this beloved attraction is that you, the guest, are entering the abode of 9 hundred and 99 ghosts - but, there's always room for one more! *mwahahahaha*

Though this ride is supposed to be scary, it's often just eerie. There are some moments where things pop up, causing an immediate surprise, but nothing is really gory or especially disgusting. Young children may be frightened (I know when I was little, I rode through the ride the first time with my hat over my face!). Now that I'm older I still spook easily, but even I can handle this ride.

The attraction is a slow-moving dark ride; guests sit 2 to a "doom-buggy" (although, you can sometimes fit three in one doom-buggy) and ride through the old mansion.

As you leave the ride, make sure to listen for "Little Leota" who says:
"Hurry back, hurry back. Be sure to bring your death certificate if you decide to join us.
Make final arrangements now. We've been dying to meet you..."

No comments: