Wednesday, August 13, 2008

'Cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, my favorite ride in all of Walt Disney World It provides "mild but wild" thrills that tend to please the masses. This ride's plot is that of an old mining town that is suffering from flooding. Runaway Big Thunder (the resident mine train) takes you on a whirlwind journey through the town and Big Thunder Mountain.

While this ride has a height limit, I feel that it is a family-friendly ride. The first time I rode it, I rode it wedged between my parents and loved it! It depends on the child though, some may find it too scary although I find it less frightening (from the young child's prospective) than Goofy's Barnstormer in Mickey's Toon Town Fair. This ride is relatively tame, only a few small drops, but packs a bit of a punch!

TIP: If you want a calmer ride, sit up near the front of the train (pictured above). For a wilder ride, sit near the back! I also know that the grease on the track gets heated up during the day, thus causing the trains to go faster at night - same general speed... unless you ride the coaster a lot, you probably wouldn't even notice!

No comments: