Wednesday, August 13, 2008

General Stores and Grub

Like in all other lands at the Magic Kingdom, there are plenty of shopping and dining opportunities in Frontierland. A classic, General Store style store is the Frontier Trading Post - this store features typical Western garb and souvenirs as only Disney could do it. Another store is the "Briar Patch." Technically the gift store to Splash Mountain, they offer general items (post cards, pens, penny press machines, ponchos, etc.) as well as Splash Mountain souvenirs!

As far as food in Frontierland goes, there are a few recognized food vendors, but my favorites are the non-descript carts. Pecos Bill's Tall Tales Cafe is a great place to grab a quick lunch as is Frontierland Fries. When I was younger, I remembered absolutely adoring Aunt Polly's Dockside Inn (pictured below) but it is rarely open anymore. It's too bad, because it was really a cute place to get some great food!

My favorite Frontierland eateries, however, serve Turkey Legs and churros. I do not eat Turkey (I am a pescetarian) but, I know for a fact that people absolutely LOVE the Turkey Legs. I personally, love the churros in Frontierland (and the Mexican Pavilion at EPCOT). They are yummy to have (fresh and warm) while watching Wishes! I also love the big, fresh pretzels they serve! Here are pictures good enough to make your mouth water!

yummmm - churro!











Turkey Legs














yummmm - big pretzel















That's it for Frontierland! Next stop, Liberty Square!

No comments: